Yoga Teacher Training in Costa Rica
This foundational 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training offers you a unique and powerful opportunity to prepare to lead Yoga as you draw from essential elements of the Hatha, Vinyasa, and Kundalini Yoga traditions. Within the course of our 26 days together in the Prana Paradise of Mystica Lodge in the heart of Costa Rica, you will have the chance to dive deep into your personal practice and experience of Yoga while also benefiting from the various elements of the course that will awaken and nurture your connection to your True Self – the Love that is the Essence of who you really are.
So often in life, we become overwhelmed with stresses and traumas, both big and small. Our vital Prana (Life Energy) often gets blocked, stuck, and/or frozen. From this state of being, our channels of energy function at a low capacity, manifesting in various ways such as anxiety, depression, addictions, low self-esteem/confidence, relationship struggles, dis-ease, and a general lack of purpose, meaning, and/or motivation.
The Essence of Yoga we will explore in depth during this training includes Meditation (mind training), Pranayama (breathing exercises), Asana (physical postures), Vinyasa (movement flow linked with breath), Deep Relaxation Techniques, Chanting (raising vibration), and Kriyas (purifying rituals & actions). All of these elements from the Yoga tradition work together to liberate our energies, leading us back to our breath, back to our True Selves, and back to our essential radiance and vitality.
The Essence Awakening 200 Hour intensive and inspiring Yoga Teacher Training is for you if:
- you feel called to become certified as a skilled, compassionate, and heart-centered Registered Yoga Teacher and/or
- you are ready to deeply commit to your personal growth and evolution through the sacred practice of Yoga through this special time of Tropical Yoga Immersion.
Your Yoga Teacher Training will be deeply enriched by the magical surroundings. Mystica Lodge is a gem in Costa Rica – a beautiful Prana Paradise in which to be immersed in your powerful Yoga experience. Each accommodation has its own private bathroom, and all rooms either have a wonderful view of the majestic Arenal Lake and Volcano or of the jungle forest and flowing river.
Within the course, most days are quite full with practice and lectures, however there will also be some down time each day, as well as days off after each of the 3 main modalities: Liberation, Transformation, and Empowered Creation. During your free time you can book a relaxing massage or Reiki session in Mystica’s healing tree-house, have a swim in the dipping pool, or walk the Mystic Star Labyrinth for calming inspiration.
To make the most of your days off, you might take a trip to the healing Hot springs by the Arenal Volcano, hike to the Blue Waterfall (Rio Celeste) in the Tenorio National Park, or take a trip to the beautiful beach at Playa Hermosa.
When you participate in this 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training program, you will:
- be guided through daily experience to develop a personal Sadhana (spiritual practice) that includes meditation, pranayama, Universal prayer, gentle awakening Yoga, and chanting
- learn the Essentials of Yogic history, philosophy, and unitive psychology
- gain a practical understanding of the foundational sacred text of Hatha Yoga: Patanjali’s Yoga Sutras including the 8-limbed Yogic path (Ashtanga)
- have an opportunity to learn in-depth about the Core Asanas from the Hatha tradition (forward bends, standing poses, hip openers & twists, back bends, inversions, core strength, balances, and advanced poses) – this will include postural alignment, cues for effective leading, and helpful, safe hands-on-assists for specific postures
- learn about Essential Breath and how to guide Pranayama exercises from both the Hatha and Kundalini traditions
- find your ‘Inner Teacher Voice’ – learning to guide Yoga with wisdom and love, using your unique manner of expression
- explore the main systems of the body (ie. respiratory, circulatory, digestive, musculo-skeletal, etc.) along with transformational anatomy & physiology as it pertains to Yoga
- learn the essentials of Yoga Energetics: Chakras (wheels of life energy), Vayus (expressions of energy), Meridians (channels of energy), and Bandhas (internal energetic engagements)
- be introduced to the power of Kundalini and how to awaken and nourish this energy through breath-work, chanting, physical exercises, meditations, and purifying rituals/actions
- learn the Ethics of being a Yoga teacher along with the guidelines set by Yoga Alliance for RYTs (Registered Yoga Teachers)
- explore the foundational principles of Yin, Restorative, and Pre-Natal Yoga
- create and lead a 60 minute Practicum Essence Awakening Yoga class, receiving valuable feedback by the lead and assistant trainers
Upon successful completion of this holistic and transformational program, you will qualify to become a Registered Yoga Teacher (RYT) with the international certifying board, Yoga Alliance.
Purify and refine your Life Force Vibration through Essence Awakening Yoga, and step into your life in a way that helps you manifest radiant wellness and the realization of your heart’s greatest desires and dreams. Prepare yourself to Serve from Love.
SAMPLE TRAINING DAY ITINERARY:
7am – Morning Sadhana (includes meditation, pranayama, Universal prayer, gentle Awakening Yoga warm-up, and chanting)
8am – Breakfast
9-10:30am – Morning Lecture (ie. Yogic Philosophy, Essentials of Breath, Asana Study, etc.)
10:30-10:45am – Break
10:45am- 12:30pm – Essence Awakening Yoga Class
1:30-2:30 – Free time
2:30-4:30 – Afternoon Lecture (ie. Transformational Anatomy & Physiology, Ethics of Teaching, Chakra Energetics Study, etc.)
4:30-4:45pm – Break
4:45-6:30pm – Evening Yoga Practice & Daily Completion
7pm – Dinner & Good Night!
- Tuition for the 200 hours of training
- Accommodations at Mystica from January 21 – February 15, 2018 (arrive on January 21st and depart on February 15th)
- 3 delicious and nourishing meals per day at Mystica beginning with dinner January 21 and finishing with breakfast on February 15th
PRICING PER PERSON:
Prices are in USD per person for Double/Shared Accommodation:
Main Lodge: $4,150
Jungle Cabin: $4,750
Private Villa: $5,050
Master Bedroom of the Ramadasa House: $4,950
Guest Bedroom of the Ramadasa House: $4,800
Single supplemental fee for all accommodations: add $500
There is a special ‘For the Love of Yoga’ $1000 USD scholarship in loving memory of Jasmin Fiore available for an applicant who demonstrates an exceptionally bright spirit, a deep passion for the tradition of Yoga, and a heart-centered commitment to personal and global wellness. Please email Lori (firstname.lastname@example.org) to apply for this scholarship.
Please Note: If you are interested in participating in this beautiful and powerful training, please contact Lori Myles-Carullo (email@example.com) for more detailed information and to receive your application form. Thank you and Namaste!
Your Yoga Teacher Training Leader Lori Myles-Carullo
Lori’s love affair with yoga began twenty-two years ago in Montreal at McGill University. As a dancer and a very spiritual being in her essence, the movement, breath, and space that Yoga offered spoke to her soul and ignited a spark that has only gotten stronger and more powerful over the years.
Lori explored the various Yoga styles of Integral, Sivananda, Iyengar, Ashtanga, Kundalini, Hatha Vinyasa, and Kripalu, and loves to share elements of all of these in her teaching. She took her first 200 hour Yoga Teacher Training Course at the Nosara Yoga Institute in Costa Rica in 2004, and that transformational month changed her life forever in the best way. With twenty years of loving service in the healing arts, Lori brings a tremendous gift to the Yoga training through her expertise as a registered E-RYT 200 Yoga Instructor, a Massage Therapist, a Reiki Master, and a Psychotherapist with a Master’s Degree in Transpersonal Psychology. Lori also self-published her first book four years ago, entitled: ‘Beauty’s Way: Inspiration on the Path of Awakening’.
It is a true honor and a pleasure for Lori to be one of your Yoga guides at Mystica (www.mysticacostarica.com), a magical retreat center in the heart of Costa Rica that has been one of her cherished homes for many years. Lori lives an adventurous, multi-national life, bridging Canada, Costa Rica, and Italy. You can find out more about Lori at www.lorimylescarullo.com.